RSS
Facebook
Twitter

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Art Journal Everyday Update...



I'm still working away in my Blue Kitten Journal.  I've got three new pages to share with you today...

This one has been developing in layers over a few weeks...
 The layers went like this:
magazine collage
gesso mixed with acrylic paint
tissue paper
stamping
more collage
journaling with india ink and a paintbrush


 This next one is a collection of bits of paper leftover from miscellaneous projects I completed in May...
 I really enjoyed doing this.  Maybe I will make it a monthly practice.  It might be fun to see how the colors and patterns I'm drawn to vary month to month.

More layers here...
This one has modeling paste as a bottom layer, and texture drawn into it with a paintbrush.  The turquoise bubble wrap part was stamped with versa mark ink and embossed with zing embossing powder.  In real life you can really see the difference between the rough, matte background, and the shiny blue embossing.

Did you art journal this week?  How did it go?


0 comments:

Post a Comment