RSS
Facebook
Twitter

Friday, August 2, 2013

Deli Paper as a flap...

It's day three of the 30-day blogalong, and I'm remembering now how much I love daily blogging.  There's something about getting into a rhythm of creating, sharing and connecting that feels amazing! I love it so much when you leave me comments, because it helps me gain new insights in so many ways; and completes that circle of connection.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart for that!

Today I have another page from my Book of Days to share with you all. 

On this page, I was working out the meaning of some recurring dreams I have.  If you look closely, you can still see some of the writing that I covered up with crumpled deli paper...
 I was really inspired by Effy's idea to use deli paper as a flap on the page - so I tried that too.  I loved working with the translucency of the paper, and it created a neat way to hide some more journaling...

 Here's what it looks like with the flap open...
The clouds are done with a Julie Balzer stencil and pan pastels.  On top of the flap I created patterns in the clouds with copic marker.

Have you tried using deli paper in your artwork yet?  If so, what have you discovered?  Any favorite ideas that you'd like to share?  I'd love to hear them!

Don't forget that my drawing for a free seat in Book of Days Premium is open until Sunday night at midnight!  To enter, leave a comment on the August 1st post by clicking here.

Thank you so much for visiting me today!  I really appreciate hearing from you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment