RSS
Facebook
Twitter

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Hi everyone!  Last night I had a lot of fun working in my Book of Days.  This time, I followed Effy's lead again, and did some "pulled art," which is always fun! It brings out a whole different side of my creativity, and it's usually a big surprise when it's done!  How fun is that?

Here are a few process shots...
 After I made a layered background, I looked for images within it.  Our theme in BOD this week is "Faces," so I was looking for a face, but right away the elephant popped out at me.  Next I saw the person's mouth, and eyes.  Then, a little voice inside my head was like - "hey, add a hand!  The person should be holding the elephant!"  So I did.  HA.  Sometimes you gotta listen to the little voices.

Here's the next phase...

Just adding gesso to bring out the images more...


 And here's how it looks now...
 It's almost finished.  Just needs journaling.  I don't know what it means yet, so I'm waiting. Hmmm...



I also wanted to share with you an idea I had recently for keeping track of my various and sundry workshop endeavors.  I LOVE taking workshops!  The problem is, I am taking so many right now, there is no way I can get them all done at the same time!  Sooooo, I decided to make a table to keep track of all the lessons that I want to do...

Having this list alleviates the stress of trying to keep it all in my brain (not gonna happen!); plus it's like having my own little playground!  When I get ready to make a page in my journal, and need some inspiration, look at all the choices I have!  Yeayyyy!!!  
 When I finish a lesson, I get the satisfaction of crossing it off the list!  Another yeayyyy!!!

Do you take a lot of workshops?  If you do, how do you keep track of them?  Do you have a system that works for you?  I'd love to hear about it!

Thanks so much for visiting on this day 15 of the 30-day blogalong with Effy!  I really appreciate you!

Oh, and don't forget - you can head on over to Effy's blog to check out what all of the participants of the 30-day blogalong are doing!


0 comments:

Post a Comment