RSS
Facebook
Twitter

Sunday, August 4, 2013

 We have a winner of the Book of Days Premium Art Journaling Program!  The winner was drawn at random and

Congratulations goes to EMIE58!

Emie58said...
What a generous give-a-way!!! What inspires me is nature... especially colors and textures found in nature.
Hugs, Emie
Emie I hope you enjoy your Book of Days Premium Art Journaling course!  Please email me at michellelapoint@yahoo.com and I will get you set up with the course!



Thank you so much to everyone who entered the drawing.  I truly wish I could give you each a prize!

And now, on to today's blogpost...
********************

Not too long ago, I was working away in my studio, and all of a sudden, out of the blue, my mind conjured up an image from my child hood - TROLLS.  You know the kind of little dolls popular in the 1970's, with the long, flowy hair?  I have no idea what made me think of it, but suddenly I had to have a troll!

So, I went to ebay and did a search and oh my goodness, there are TONS of trolls for sale there!  I got lost in a bliss of trolldom.  Big trolls, tiny trolls, huge lots of trolls.  Did you know there are two-headed trolls?  and horse trolls?  Anyhoo, after a long search I found two trolls that were calling my name, and I was lucky enough to win both auctions!

Meet my new little friends...
I'm calling them Hal and Hoagy.

Hal is on the left.  He is a new troll - part of a set of five that spell Bingo.  I hear people bring trolls to bingo halls for good luck.  I love his yellow hair, and the fact that he proudly states he is a winner!

Hoagy (on the right) is a vintage troll from 1984.  It's hard to see but he has a big orange elf hat.  I love the sweet expression on his face and his wild white hair.

Don't they make a great pair?  They now live with me in my studio and make me smile every time I look at them.  I say indulge your childhood loves whenever possible.

What did you love as a child?  Is there a toy that is calling your name?

Thank you so much for visiting today, and I will see you again tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment