RSS
Facebook
Twitter

Friday, March 15, 2013

Tearing Apart My Journal...

Hi everyone - happy Friday!  I know I mentioned in an earlier post that my Dylusions journal just wasn't working for my Book of Days.  The paper simply isn't heavy enough to stand up to so many wet layers.  It's a beautiful journal though, so I don't want to waste it.  What I did was tear off the cover, and the few pages that were finished, leaving the journal looking like this...
Not bad, right?  When I decide what to use it for, I will make a new cover and tape it right on top, over the red bookcloth tape.  It will be good as new!

In the meantime, I painted the cover  and finished off the part of the journal that I tore out, creating a completed Book of Days 2013, Volume II.  

 Here's the front...
 I did some layers of collage (you can see Jessica's retro flowers stencil peeking out there), and then painted the horse on top with acrylic paint.  I used turquoise duct tape to recreate a spine, and pasted the last two pages in the back together to form a back cover...

 The duct tape turned out a little sloppy, but it works just fine...

 So, there it is - a very slim BOD Vol. II that covers February 18 thru March 4, 2013...

I figure if something isn't working for me, why suffer through?  Now I am starting BOD 2013 Volume III, with a 9 x 12 Strathmore Mixed Media journal that my awesome sister Renee gave me for Christmas (thanks Renee xo!).  The pages are super thick and it's working great!  I will share more details about that next time!

Have a super awesome weekend and thanks so much for visiting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment