RSS
Facebook
Twitter

Friday, March 8, 2013

Excited about Learning...!!!

Hey there everyone!  Thanks for stopping by!  I have a few shares for you today, as well as some random thoughts...

I'm taking Joanne Sharpe's fabulous Letter Love 101 class, and having so much fun!  I have always loved letters and lettering; but really wanted to be more varied and playful with my lettering styles, and this class is perfect for that!  It's PACKED full of fun - lots of assignments and projects; and we are making three (that's right I said THREE) journals full of lettering!  Yeayyy!!!

The first one is like a practice book of sorts.  I had fun decorating it up...
 Can't wait to fill it with handouts, inspiration and assignments!!!




 I also finished my Monday spread in my Book of Days journal...
It's an homage to all of the classes I've been taking lately!  I am on a roll and loving all of the different things I'm learning!  The rainbow is made from layers of scrapbook paper, and I must say it was more than my poor Dylusions journal could handle.  It warped soooo bad, that I decided to stop using it as my book of days.  Don't get me wrong -  I will still use it at some point, but I have to figure out what kind of project it would be best suited for.

Anyhoo, I will keep you updated on my next Book of Days journal choice.

If you've been reading my blog for any length of time, then you know that I am constantly changing my "system" for creating.  Do I want to put everything in one journal, or have different types of journals, and if I want different types of journals - then how many should I have going at once?  Oh my goodness, the hours I've spent pondering this ongoing question!  Well I woke up from a nap the other day (after making my Love Letter notebook), with a Eureka moment!  Taking all of these classes reminds me of when I was in college.  In those days I had a notebook for each different class.  I wouldn't have even thought of mixing my notes all up in one book; it would have been too hard to find anything when I needed to!  Sooooo, why not take that approach now?  YES - it's GENIUS!  I will have a notebook for each class I'm taking!  Just like the one Joanne had us create (see pic above) for Letter Love!  A place to practice, put notes, paste handouts, and inspirations, etc.  I'm so EXCITED!!!

I will keep you updated on how this goes...




0 comments:

Post a Comment