RSS
Facebook
Twitter

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Hi friends!  I've been using one of my Papaya Art Journals as a Junk Journal, and I just finished up the last page. I thought it might be fun to share a few pics, so that you could get an idea of what I collect in there.

Here's a pic of what the cover looks like.  How beautiful is that artwork?  I love the bright colors!

I have been using it as a catch-all for lots of stuff like...

To Do Lists (on the left), and sketchnote practicing on the right...


Testing out new pens...


 Lettering practice...


 Doodles and notes...


 Diary entries, line drawing practice, and more doodles...


 playing with washi tape...


 and of course, working through my ongoing system revisions - ha.  Here's my latest mindmap...


Which leads me to my next subject - Making a plan for April.  I love having lots of different journals, but I must admit that I have so many right now (10 or 11?), that my head spins everytime I try to decide which one to work in.  So my new plan is to focus on just a few each month.  Here's my plan for April...

April 2013

1.  Book of Days:
This will be my daily art journal.  My Book of Days work will go in here, as well as challenges, workshop stuff, experiments, drawings, etc. I am currently using a 9" x 12" mixed media journal by Strathmore that my sister Renee gave me for Christmas.  Thanks again Renee!

2.  Life Book:
I am continuing to collect my weekly Life Book pages on individual sheets of paper, and keeping them in a 3-ring binder.  This will go on for the remainder of 2013.

3.  Smash Book:
My sister Renee gave me a Red Smash Book for Christmas too (isn't she awesome?), and that will become my new junk journal.  It will contain all the kinds of stuff pictured above, plus any other stuff that inspires me along the way.

4.  Project Life:
While it's not a journal exactly, I include it here because I think of it as one.  It's main purpose for me is to tell the ongoing story of our life.  It will include words, photos, memorabilia and journaling.

And that's it for this month!  It means a bunch of other stuff will go on the shelf for this month.  The good thing about that is that I can look forward to changing it up in May!  Eek! So fun!

If you are a journaler, I'd love to know what your process is.  Do you do everything in one journal?  Or do you keep several going at once?  How do you divide your time?  What do you put in each one?  I know I've asked this question before, but it's one of my favorite topics!  I'd love to hear again!  Has your process changed?  Why or why not?  

Thanks so much for visiting!  I will see you again soon!




0 comments:

Post a Comment