RSS
Facebook
Twitter

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Book of Days Update...

Hi everyone - I hope you are all having a great week!  I have a few Book of Days pages to share with you from last week...

First - here's my Monday spread.  Effy is following the Year In The Life of an Art Journal prompts once a month; and this prompt was to use your favorite quote on a page.  I decided to play along too, and was inspired by Effy to try doodling with paint...

Wednesday's Soulistry prompt was "the spirituality of work."  I combined that with my first lesson in Willowing's Fabulous Faces class, which was to draw a graphite portrait...


 and lastly, my MDS (multi-day spread) for the week...

These were all done in my Dylusions journal.  Last time I posted about this journal, I mentioned that I was having trouble getting things to blend on the paper - like watercolor markers and crayons.  I got a question from Sandra L - she asked if I use gesso on the pages, which was a really good point.  I had not used gesso on the spread where I was having trouble.  Gesso has helps immensely.  It creates a whole new surface to work on, which eliminates the blending problem.  Thanks for your question Sandra!

I should say that the Dylusions journal works fabulously for what it was meant for - Dylusions sprays! 

Anyhoo, that's all for today.  Thanks so much for visiting my friends!

0 comments:

Post a Comment