RSS
Facebook
Twitter

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Soulistry: "Look Well To This Day..."

I had a lot of fun thinking my Soulistry topic through this week.  It was all about "being present in the moment.  The prompt was a Sanskrit Proverb...

"Yesterday is but a dream and tomorrow is only a vision.  But today, well lived, makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope.  Look well, therefore to this day."

It made me think of my dog Dacotah. We nicknamed him "Zen Master," because of the way he was when we took him on walks.  He went very slowly, stopping to sniff each flower; greet each person he saw, and listen to any bird sounds.  It made me slow down too and appreciate those things.  What a sweetheart he was.  Anyhoo, I was thinking of him when I made this...
 The new thing I tried this time was a water-soluble pencil for the title.  I loved the effect so much I went crazy and outlined everything - ha! So much fun!

P.S.  This was my sweet, huggable Dacotah...
photo is from 2005


Thanks for visiting! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment