RSS
Facebook
Twitter

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Book of Days Catchup...

I haven't shared any Book of Days pages in awhile, so I've got a catchup post for you today.


First up is my page for January 5...
 For this page I tried two new things... 

The hair was done by painting gesso on top of the spray ink background, which gave it a softer version of the same color.  Then I took it a little further and defined the different strands by adding more acrylic paint.

The journaling block was made by adhering a piece of tissue paper down with a glue stick.  I wanted just enough coverage to be able to see my writing, but still have the background show through. It worked great and I'm sure I will be using that trick again in the future.

 Here's my page for January 10...
 The colors on this one are a combination of neocolor II crayons, and Letraset Aqua markers.

This is the page for January 11...
 Effy inspired me to try using a Project Life card on a journal page.  It was an aha moment!  I have like a bazillion project life cards!  How awesome to find another way to use them!  Anyhoo, this was my first Soulistry prompt page.  I stamped the prompt on the PL card. 



 I also finished this page on January 11...
 I had some new inks to try out, so I just randomly blotted them around on the page.  I labeled them for future reference.

 And finally, this is the page I finished last night...
This one is done with gesso, acrylic paint and tissue paper. The theme I was working with for this page was "Full Circle."  I'm realizing as I type this that I could have also said "The more I create, the more I want to create."  HA.  It's so true.


I hope it's helpful for you to see these pages.  I'm loving the process of making them, and sharing them with you.  I thank you so much for visiting!  Have an awesome day my friends!

0 comments:

Post a Comment