RSS
Facebook
Twitter

Monday, June 10, 2013

Hi everyone!  I'm still having fun with my jumbo road atlas journal!  A few of you have asked me how I prepare the pages in this book for journaling.  I just take a few simple steps...

I just take a few simple steps for preparing a book for journaling...

1.  I went through the whole book, and tore out every third page.  This will make it so the binding doesn't break down as much as I fill the book with paint and stuff.

2.  I went through the book a second time, gluing two pages at a time together with a glue stick.  I made sure to cover the entire surface all the way to the edges, and then smoothed them out with a brayer to help with wrinkling.  It still will be somewhat wrinkly, but I figure that's part of the charm, right?

3. I went through the first ten pages or so and prepped with gesso.  You could go through the whole book, but I just do them a few at a time.  On some of the pages I used white gesso, and on some of them I used clear gesso.  This just makes the page a little stronger and helps to prepare the surface to accept whatever mediums you want to throw at it.



On this page I used a very thin coat of white gesso.  I did the writing for June 6th, 7th and 8th with a permanent ink pen.  The next step was coloring all the shapes on the page with inktense pencils, and blending them with a waterbrush.  I went back and did the final journal entry for the 9th, and lastly, added a few collage elements...

The numbers are filled in with gel pens.  With each spread it's fun to decide how much of the atlas image to show/hide.  I will probably cover the next page completely, just for variety.

Also, I just wanted to mention that I was at Archiver's over the weekend and saw all of the new Project Life designs!  They are all so AWESOME!  I stopped by on Friday, and picked up the Midnight Edition, which I have been waiting for forever!  I just love the black and white graphic look, and all the handwritten cards.  So cool...

and on Saturday I discovered the HONEY Edition, and I just had to have it too!  I mean come on, look at the colors and those cute clouds!

My friend Lynn got the Jade Edition (which is also AWESOME), and she and I swapped some cards, so we each will have more variety!  I have a renewed sense of enthusiasm for Project Life now!  I got all my pages done for April, and I'm working on May.  I will share soon!

Have a great week my friends, and I will see you again soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment