RSS
Facebook
Twitter

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Hi everyone!  I'm so excited to bring you round two of my participation in the Balzer Designs Spring Stencil Hops!

This time around we are featuring the "Wedding Ring" stencil!  How beautiful is this design???



I had so much fun playing around, and seeing what this stencil could do!  I ended up with two projects completed - one card, and one art journal spread.

First I made the card...
For this I used the 6"x6" version of the stencil, and sponged some stamp pad ink through it.  I learned this technique from my friend Anne, and it really works well for getting the details to show up! 

Then I cut along the bottom of the circles to make a scallop; and backed it with green cardstock to give it a pop of color.  I also outlined the shapes with a black journaling pen... 

I still wanted more color, so I used some colored pencils and gamsol for blending...
 

and here's how the card turned out...



Next I decided to play around in my art journal with the 12" x 12" version of the stencil. I had an idea for an interactive journal spread, and I'm so excited about how it turned out!!! Here's what I ended up with...
I started out with two sets of watercolor pages in my Blue Kitten Journal.  I used modeling paste through the stencil to create texture on the top set of pages.  I just loved the bubbly shape it created around the outside, so I decided to cut the shape out! Then I painted it green, and rubbed some turquoise ink over the top to highlight the texture. I cut three of the circle middles out so you could see the second layer of watercolor paper underneath (which I painted pink and yellow with the help of my beloved Neocolor II crayons).

 The current prompt over at "A Year In The Life of an Art Journal" is to use "inchie" photos to capture details in your everyday life that make you smile.  The spring flowers in my neighborhood really make me smile, so I cut photos I've taken of them to fit inside the circles and glued them on.  They're actually 2", but who's counting, right? 

 The green paper flips over on either side to reveal my journaling...


I had TONS OF FUN playing with the Wedding Ring Stencil!!! 

If you haven't done so yet, hop on over to the other participating bloggers and see what beautiful things they have created for the hop...

Julie Fei-Fan Balzer
http://balzerdesigns.typepad.com/balzer_designs/2012/04/stencil-hop-wedding-ring.html

Valerie Mangan
http://paperandcookies.blogspot.com/

Jennifer Mason
http://www.clothpaperscissors.com/blogs/jenn/default.aspx

Christine Urias
http://scraptime.ca/blogpage/

Michelle LaPoint Rydell (that's me!)
http://inspirationeverywhere.blogspot.com/

Thanks so much to Julie Fei-Fan Balzer, and Crafter's workshop for inviting me to be part of the Spring Stencil Hop 2012!!!





0 comments:

Post a Comment