RSS
Facebook
Twitter

Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Beginning of a New Journal...

Just like I love finishing a journal, I also LOVE starting a new one! This time I decided to go with a whole different format. I used this jumbo birthday card (7.5" x 9.5") from 1970 as my cover...


and filled it with a mix of scrapbook papers from my Noel Mignon "Primrose Lane" kit, and plain hot-press watercolor paper. It's pretty thick and heavy...
I bound it with rings so I can add things as I go, move things around or whatever! My plan is that each day I will decide what kind of page I feel like doing. It could be a smashbook-style page, a more art-journally page, or no page at all! HA. I love the flexibility of it!!!

Here's an idea of what the bare bones looks like...


I made this month's envelope myself, using vintage wallpaper...


The only structure I gave this book was that I made a divider page for each Monday in April...



and I also added in the back half of the card, just for fun...
I've started using it already and I'm having a blast! As I fill it up, I will share the finished pages with you.

In other news, the new Scrapping The Music format is a hit! Yeayyyy - we are so excited!!! The new slideshow is up and it's jam-packed with goodness! Check it out here.

Thanks for visiting and for your comments! I really appreciate them!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment