RSS
Facebook
Twitter

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

New Art Journal Progression...

I was inspired by this post by Nathalie Nayer over at Julie Balzer's blog; so I thought I'd try the technique with the masking fluid. I had some Maya Resist (which is basically masking fluid) on hand, so I used that. If you're not familiar with masking fluid, it's this stuff that comes out in liquid form, then dries to a rubber-like substance, which you can peel off. It's pretty cool. I glue-sticked (not a word, I know) a piece of paper from a 1902 Choir Club Notebook down first, then used the Maya Resist over the top, then covered it with acrylic paint and gesso. I Here's how it looked before I peeled the Maya Resist off:


And here it is after I rubbed the masking fluid off...


The next day I added some blue and red paint, scrapbook papers stamped with one of my new favorite stamps from Studio Calico, and a leftover photo from a different project. The journaling was done with a pink sharpie poster paint pen...

On the 5th, I added some Kaisercraft Rub Ons and a little piece of striped tape...
and on the 6th, I finished it up with some October Afternoon snowflake rub ons and the final bits of journaling. Do you see something funny about this finished spread?
Ummm, yeah.... I journaled for December 5th TWICE. LOL. I journaled on the 5th, and then on the morning of the sixth, I thought - oh I forgot to journal yesterday, better do it now. Nice memory Michelle. And the funny thing is - I wrote almost the exact same sentences. HA.

Anyways, another page done, and on to the next tomorrow! Thanks so much for visiting!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment