RSS
Facebook
Twitter

Friday, April 5, 2013

Sharing my Book of Days Process...

I thought it might be fun to share an example of the thought process that goes on behind my Book of Days Art Journal Spreads.  I've started a new process of Sketchnoting Effy's videos, while contemplating what my own feelings are, and what I want to express on my daily page.  Here's an example of my Sketchnote, and the B.O.D. page it led me to...

Basically what Effy does, is create her own art journal page, start to finish on camera; all the while talking through the process.  I find this so FASCINATING; and it gets me thinking about my own stuff.  I am loving learning to sketchnote, and the weekly BOD videos are the perfect chance to practice!  As I get better, I want to add more images along with my words.  Here's a little explanation of what you see above:


-The green box with the music notes: 
There is always a musical score that cuts in when certain things are being fast forwarded (like heat gun, and pasting and other things you don't want to watch in real time).  I record those, because alot of times it's awesome music that I want to look up later.

-Her Steps:
This is pretty self-explanatory, but I note the exact steps she takes to make her page.  I star the ones that I am particularly inspired to try, or feel would work with the topic I want to journal about.

-The orange box:
This is where I record my own thought process while I'm watching.  This really helps with the "I don't know what to journal about" dilemma; and provides a way to form my vision in bits and pieces; and give me a headstart on my page.

So, the video ends and I am ready to get messy!  I have a basic idea in my mind for colors, layers, textures, and a topic already formulated in my head!  I LOVE THAT!  There may be alot that I take from Effy's video, or my thoughts may lead me in a totally different way.  Here's my finished page...

We found out in the last week that our sweet cat Johnny has diabetes.  This page was my way of processing my feelings about it.  It was an emotional week, but we are getting through it together (Me, Michael, Johnny and his brother Willie).  We are learning the routine of giving him insulin shots and sticking to a strict feeding time regime.  So far it's going pretty well, but any prayers and/or healing vibes you could send Johnny's way would be much appreciated.

Anyhoo, I hope it's helpful to see how my sketchnote led to my art journal page!  If you have any questions, please feel free to leave them in the comments, and I will do my best to answer them!


Thanks so much for visiting!  I really appreciate it!  See you again soon!

 


0 comments:

Post a Comment