RSS
Facebook
Twitter

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Book of Days for Last Week...

Hey everyone!  As the weekend winds down, I have some Book of Days pages to share with you.  They are all from this past week.  I started a new journal.  It's the Dylusions Creative journal.  I've been really excited to try working in this one.  I love the way the outside is plain kraft - just inviting a painting session...!

I also love the 9x12" size, which I have discovered is my favorite size to work in.  When you open it up, there is a handy little envelope on one side, to put stuff in.  (stencils?  ephemera?)

There are also some downsides to it, but I will get to that.

On Monday, I was feeling bright and cheery, and reflecting on my Scrappy Retreat with the girls...
 I used Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's pomegranate stencil in the background, with a combination of browns, pinks and orange sprays (surprise surprise about the pinks and oranges, right? - ha.) Then gesso, ledger paper, and paint.  The photo was printed on matte photo paper, which I discovered doesn't take media very well.  I painted my eyes blue, and added some color to my cheeks and lips, as well as pink to my hair. I really want to get some pink put in my hair.  Need to find a salon that will do it.  Hmmm...  Anyhoo, moving on...

This is my MDS (multi-day spread).  It was a learning experience, as I couldn't get anything to blend very well.  This is the down side to this paper.  I tried neocolor II crayons, gelatos, and finally aquamarkers.  I guess I will just have to stick to other materials to fill this book...



 Here's my Soulistry spread.  The prompt this week was the Sigmund Freud quote that I used as a title...

I did some journaling on separate paper about the things I see as vulnerabilities/weaknesses in myself, overlapping the letters and leaving out all spacing.  The purpose was to get the words out, and keep them illegible.  Then I took that paper and cut it into shapes to use on my page.

 The house opens up to this...

Here's a detail shot...
and finally I made a paper doll.  She was part of last week's BOD offerings, but I didn't have time to work on her til now.  I followed the process, but made her in my own style.  She will go on a journal page.  Just haven't gotten to that yet.
I had to give her cowboy boots, since she represents me!  :0)

I hope your weekend has been wonderful!  Thanks for visiting and I will see you again soon!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment