RSS
Facebook
Twitter

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Cool Challenge Blog Discovery....

Hey everyone!  I experienced a delightful bit of synchronicity this week.  Don't you just love when things happen right when you need them to?  This was just a little thing, but still - it was fun!

I like to give handmade greeting cards, and I am all out right now; so I put "make 5 greeting cards per month" on my list of to-do's.  The next day, just like magic - I happened upon the "Mojo Monday" challenge blog!  Mojo Monday is a sketch blog specifically for making cards!  How great is that?!!!  I was so excited about it that I made a card from the sketch they had up, even tho I missed the deadline to enter it into their contest.  Here's the sketch, and here's how my card turned out:

 It's 6"x6," and made from bits and pieces from my stash.  I especially loved using some old thrift shop plaid material for the ribbon.

 I think I am going to try to make it a weekly challenge for myself - to play along with Mojo Monday!

Here's my take on their current challenge...
This one was done with a combo of my "Homespun" and "Summer Wind" kits from Noel Mignon.  My fave part was misting the canvas button (on top) with Cherry Maya mist.  It was originally just a plain canvas color. 

Do you make greeting cards?  If so, where do you find your inspiration?  I'd love to know.

I will be back tomorrow with an art journal update.  Thanks so much for visiting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment