RSS
Facebook
Twitter

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Ideas (Book of Days for 11/1/12)...

My journal page for November 1st started out looking like this...

I added some spray mist through Julie Balzer's Pomegranate stencil...

then closed the left side page over the stencil and rubbed.  It gave me a nice reverse stencil effect...

I took some leftover strips of scrapbook paper, and placed them randomly on the page; then sprayed more mist

Moved the strips of paper to different spots and sprayed again, only this time with blue...

I knew I wanted to do lots of writing that day, so I rubbed some cream colored paint around the middle of the spread...

And here's the finished spread.  I ended up putting blue paint over the cream, but left a border to show the stenciling effect...

I love the idea of not being afraid to cover things up.  Using layers is really giving me a sense of freedom and I love that.

So, are any of you doing a December Daily this year?  I'm thinking of doing a January daily instead, but I'm not sure. I purchased Cocoa Daisy's December Daily Art Journaling kit.  It was designed by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer, so of course it's totally awesome! It comes with a free class by Julie which is also totally awesome (of course - ha).  One thing I really like about it is that it isn't Christmasy, so it would lend itself well for using during any month. Check it out here for more info.

0 comments:

Post a Comment