RSS
Facebook
Twitter

Friday, November 30, 2012

Elements Workshop: Earth...

Happy Friday everyone!  My Book of Days page for November 26th, is a continuation of the "Elements" workshop, that I am taking over at Wild Soul Arts.  This time I am contemplating my connection to the earth...


I have to admit I am thrilled with how this one turned out.  The background is a tissue paper collage, covered with Golden Fluid acrylic in Van Dyke Brown.  The leaves are painted with gesso, and filled in with more Golden Fluids mixed with a little gesso to make them more opaque.  The hand is a happy accident.  I wanted to paint a hand right on the page, but I was afraid, so I sketched it on a scrap of an art supply catalog first.  I ended up liking it so much I just cut it out and glued it right on!  Now I love how the catalog page adds an extra element of pattern, that I wouldn't have had if I had used paint for the hand. 

One of the most important things I am learning through the process of completing an art journal spread every single day; is to trust the process.  I don't have to have an idea of what I want to do, in order to start a page.  I just start painting, or collaging or writing or anything, and the ideas and feelings form during the process.  It's an amazing bit of magic, I think!

Thanks so much for visiting!  I will see you again tomorrow!!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment