RSS
Facebook
Twitter

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Project Life Week #2: January 2 - 8, 2012...

This was a significant week for me, and it was a challenge to capture it in a Project Life layout that I'd actually want to look at. If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you may remember that my mom was killed in a car crash almost a year ago now. Here's the post I wrote about it back then. This past week Michael and I flew to California for the conclusion of the court proceedings in her case. It was both a very difficult week and also a good week because it brought some closure to what has been a painful process. The Orange County Register did a really nice job with an article about it that you can see here.

In the end, I am really happy with how the layout turned out, and I'm really excited to share it with you! Here we go...

This week I used the the Clementine kit, memorabilia and stuff from my stash.


Here's a closeup of the left side...
Noted: A meeting I attended at Interact Center (I love the look of their sign and building); Lunch at the Veggie Grill in California (people were blurred out for privacy), Scrapping The Music's first week of 2012, Michael's current novel, and the beginning of Nat Kalbach's online creativity summit.

The January Calendar is a free printable from Owl Barn. The journaling spot is one that folds open for lots of writing space. The quote on the grey striped paper is from the Fray - it seemed appropriate for this week.


Here's a closeup of the right side...
Noted: a new favorite eating spot, my sister Renee's new condo, a trip to Blick, and our hotel room in California.

The pink and white striped background on the top left is actually the toilet paper wrapper from our hotel! HA. It was just so cute I had to use it. The image of the brownie torte is from the internet. I also included our keycard from the hotel (it's grey and white) - again - too beautiful to pass up. The "faith" bingo card is from Jenni Bowlin. I tucked a copy of my victim impact statement and the newspaper article behind the Los Angeles postcard. Then I don't have to see it each time I look at the spread; but it's there if I ever want to.

Thanks so much for visiting and for your comments - I really appreciate them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment